Friday, March 09, 2007

Save Your Scissors ... For Someone Else's Skin



Since we are already on the topic of hairloss, I'll give you an update on the progress of my hair growth since completing chemo:


As I mentioned earlier, my hair was growing during treatments, but it was very sparce, fine, blonde hairs scattered throughout my scalp. Since I finished my last treatment, my hair has been growing slowly but surely and quite continously. As of now (my 5th week off of chemo) my whole head is covered in fuzz. It almost feels furry. It is thicker in some areas than others-- especially at the front and back of my head (not as thick on the sides). I have one very noticeable patch of thick hair at the very front ... it almost looks like I am growing bangs! My eyebrows and eyelashes did not fall out, but appear to be a slightly thinner than usual. Seeing my hair grow back so quickly and consistently at least gives me hope and reminds me that soon enough I will have hair again.



Other posts on hairloss:









No comments: