Thursday, November 29, 2007

On a lighter note ...

It was mid-August and my hair was now full of cute little curls. The days of fretting over being bald were now a far-off memory, or more like a dream. Mike and I had moved into an apartment together in Sydney in a nice little residential neighbourhood full of little kiddies. One afternoon I heard a knock at the apartment door. Who could that be? I went to the door and saw three little bodies peering through the glass--it was a few of the kids that I had seen playing out in the yard next door numerous times since I had moved in. Must be selling something ...
I opened the door and noticed that the three little ones seemed nervous, like they were up to something. "Yes?" I asked. One of the little girls said: "Ummm ... we were wondering ... does a bald teenager live here?" For a moment I had to think about who they may have been referring to ... as I mentioed before, the days of being bald almost seemed like a dream far off in my memory. "No," I answered. One little girled looked extremely puzzled, as the other two gazed at her. She said: "Are you sure? Because one day ... I was over there on the swings ... and I saw a blad, skinny teenager walking right into this apartment." Ahhhh. She is talking about me! "When was this?" I asked. She replied: "Oh this was earlier in the year, in the winter." "Hmmm," I said. "Are you sure she didn't walk into the apartment next door?" "No, I know the girl who lives upstairs. I could have sworn I saw her walking right into this door!" The other two childen looked at her and smirked. "Okay," she said, looking as if she'd been defeated. I was about to close the door when one of the other kids looked at the little girl and said: "Seee .... I told you Britney Spears doesn't live here!!!"
I could only close the door and laugh. The entire time I was living there, there was a little girl in the neighborhood who thought a famous star was living next door. Suddenly, I was given a new perspective on the whole "Britney Spears" fame I once loathed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hahah.....that's cute as hell. I don't remember hearing this one.