Friday, May 25, 2007

Make a Pledge For Your Future And Mine


The Canadian Cancer Society is hosting its annual Relay For Life event once again this June. The Relay For Life is a fundraising event held nation-wide where teams of ten walk, run, or stroll around a track for twelve hours (through the wee hours of the morning) in exchange for pledges. Money from pledges is used to fund cancer research projects, to provide information services and support programs through the Canadian Cancer Society, and to advocate for public policies that prevent cancer and help those living with it. The event also provides a chance for cancer survivors to come together and for loved ones to celebrate those touched with cancer or to remember those who lost their battle with cancer. Among the planned events of the evening are the Survivor's Victory Lap and the Luminary Ceremony.

This year will be my very first year taking part in the Relay For Life and I'm really looking forward to the event. This year I relay in hopes for a long and fufilling future for myself and the millions of other people who have been or who may someday be affected by cancer. I relay in memory of those brave souls whose lives cancer has claimed. And, most of all, I relay with the determination to fight this disease.
I think the event will give me a chance to come together with other people affected by cancer and will give my family and I a chance to celebrate my victory over this gruelling disease. Most importantly, however, it will give me a chance to come together with others in hopes of making cancer history.

If you would like to pledge me in the Relay for Life, click here. By pledging you will not only be supporting me and the millions of other Canadians affected by cancer, but you will be contributing to a future with better treatments for cancer, more information and services for those affected by cancer, and advocacy that could all very well benefit you or someone you love in days to come.

(All pledges over $10 are tax deducatable. All pledges must be received by June 7th, 2007).


***I will keep you updated on my personal fundraising progress by adding comments to this post!

5 comments:

Melanie said...

As of today (Friday, May 25th) I have raised a total of $685 in online pledges.

Thanks: Mark Poirier, Jamie MacLean, Tietje Zonneveld, Iris Sparrow, and Carlos Reyes for your support!

Anonymous said...

Wow, good for you Melonieeee
=) I have posted the event at all of the online places that I belong too.
All the best ♥
~Love Iris xo

Anonymous said...

Best of Luck Mel :D Glad to hear you met & succeeded your goal! Good luck tomorrow too!!
-Jamie

Melanie said...

Thanks Guys :-)

I have received $760.00 in online pledges thus far. Thanks Donal Doherty, Mark Sparrow, Scott McClelland, and Iris (again!) for your support :-)

Just want to let you all know that tomorrow is the last day to make an online donation. Tonight is the last night to make a cash donation, so if you are in my area and would like to make a pledge in person, just give me a call or send me a message.

Thanks everyone!

Carlos Reyes said...

G'Day Melanie,
My pleasure, I am sure you will reach your goal soon as it is a worthy cause
Hugs
Carlos